5.1.15

Beauty Lookbook! 2014 Recap


Hi, everyone! :)

With the new year just starting, I decided to put together a beauty look book like Elle over at Dreaming in Blush did. Much like hers, this beauty look book will be a recap of my favorite products of 2014. I feel like 2014 was the year of music, fashion, and food. The greatest songs by some of the greatest artists of the modern age were sung, fashion trends were on point and hot off the runway, and new tastes were added to fantastic culinary cuisine across the nation and throughout the globe. However, one aspect of life in 2014 really stands out to me: beauty. Maybe it's because I started this blog and wanted to get fresh content out for you. Maybe it's because I got a new beauty magazine subscription (ELLE- check out their website). Maybe it's just because I was trying out so many products to help heal my dry skin. Whatever the reason, I was really into beauty this year. I just really want to have this beauty recap post up on my blog to showcase what I loved last year. I want my readers to be able to look at it and find amazing products to suit their own personal needs. I also want to be able to look back on this post and remember what products work for me. I will always have this post also to remind me of what 2014 was about- what was hot, and what was not.
I have put together a list of my top five beauty products of 2014:
1) L'OREAL Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry Oil This product is an instant repairing leave-in treatment that restores the hair's silkiness, smoothness, and shine. This product is my holy grail product, and I will never change out my hair oil for anything else. Get it at Walgreens limited time only for $5.99 (it is usually a dollar or two more). Stock up on the savings while they last!
2) POND'S Dry Skin Cream This baby was there for me when I needed it. Rich and hydrating, this facial moisturizer helps your most delicate skin become soft with just a whip of the product. The creamy consistency is refreshing, and the scent is amazing- it smells like floral talc powder. It soaks in almost immediately and is long-lasting for great, healthy, skin.
While this cream is pricey, it is worth it. You really get a bang for your buck! Get it at Target for $7.99!
3) REVLON Super Lustrous Lip Gloss 210 Pinkissimo This lip gloss is unlike any other lip gloss I've ever tried. It is rich, hydrating, vibrant, and luscious, all at the same time. It gives your lips a brilliant pop of pink without being too showy. It has a gorgeous feel- smooth but not sticky- and adds a vibrant touch to the plainest face of makeup. I found myself wearing this on its own as well as layered on other Revlon matte balms I own similar in shade. This lip gloss has avocado oil, nourishing and protecting lips while making them look absolutely stunning. Ulta has it for just $8.49!
4) OLAY Fresh Effects Shine, Shine Go Away! Shine Minimizing Cleanser This cleanser has the power to give such a deep cleaning to your face that it leaves your face feeling lighter, softer, and fresher! The honeysuckle and white tea ingredients help lather it up like a mask, but the kaolin clay in it helps rinse it off easily, minimizing shine immediately after use. It is great to use as a face wash- but be careful and try only to use it a couple times a week, as it is quite powerful and can dry out your skin when you use too much product. Try alternating between your regular cleanser and this one for the best effect. Purchase this Olay product today at Walgreen's for $7.29.
5) YARDLEY English Rose Perfumed Talc Powder You will be blown away by how amazing this powder smells. It smells like powdered sugar, flower gardens, and strawberries all together, which forms a great blend. It minimizes shine, leaves your skin with a fresh, clean scent, and helps you smell nice in general. This product comes all the way from London, so it can be a little pricey. I found one for you that is $9.59 from an online perfume store called FragranceNet.








Thank you to all my readers from all around the world for helping me on my journey of growing my blog. I really appreciate all the kind words I've heard. I have an inspirational quote I want to end this post with:


"There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will." ~ Epictetus












Remember and reflect on these words as you start off a prosperous new year filled with hope, faith, and laughter! Always remember to stay true to yourself, because that will take you a long way! Spread kindness in the world, and try to be a rainbow in someone else's storm. Remember that I will support each and every one of you, no matter what.
Thank you for making 2014 such an amazing year for me.
Much joy and love,
Sanjana Ranade




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very informative blog. Looking forward to read your next post. Happy New Year and Best Wishes!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely love the lip gloss so thanks for sharing it, and the hair oil looks very cool to test out.

Anonymous said...

stumbled across this and love it! Followed :)