1.11.14

Nail Art Journal: French Manicures

I'm back with a new series called "Nail Art Journal"! I will do themed posts and show you different, unique nail designs to try!
Who doesn't love a cute, simple French manicure? Not me! There are some unique twists on this classic nail art look that I've seen, so I decided to share them with you on Post #1 of Nail Art Journal! Let's get started!
________________________________________________________________
The first awesome nail design I found was from Gelic Nail Art. I think this look is really cute and funky, and it looks pretty simple once you practice a bit. The cows are too adorable! For this, you'd probably need a milky pink color, a white and black, a base and top coat, and some thin-tip polish. How cute would this be with some glitter?
Awesome look, Gelic! Not only is this look cute, you can do it on round nails (because I know shaping your nails is HARRDDD work! It takes me a LONG time to cut them just right. #naturalpower












This look is from @Stylish_Mom on Instagram, but can be found on Pinterest, which is where I  found it. I love the pastel colors with the inspiring words written on them! This look is cute and quirky, and takes a fun, unexpected twist on classic French nails! For this look, you will need a sky blue ("For Audrey" by China Glaze would be perfect!), a bubblegum pink, a pastel green, and a elegant pastel orange! I would recommend using a popping yellow for the thumb. You can choose whatever colors and phrases you like! Just remember to seal it all in with a shiny top coat to prevent smudging and smearing, to avoid the words from wearing away!





How ADORABLE is this cute and simple Frankenstein Halloween look? I found this look on Polish Groupie, and all it takes is a lime green color and a darker green ("Happy Endings" by Sinful Colors would be great) and a thin-tip black (I recommend the brand "Kiss".) I absolutely love this look and think I may just have to keep it in mind for Halloween! Plus, this look is simple, which is great for a girl-on-the-go like ME!




How cute is this!? I found this on 365 Days of Color and it is amazing for fall time! The colors are cute, and the overlay feel is perf! I know, I just said "perf". Anyways, :), this is truly one of my favorites that I've stumbled across. It looks a bit hard, but I think with some patience and a steady hand, it's possible! The girl who originally did this look must be a professional or something, because this looks awesome. Kudos to the girl who did this (Sanaz is her name). Go check out Sanaz's website for more funky nail art looks. I just may have to try this out soon! For this you will need white, a thin black, neon yellow, orange, and pink, which are pretty basic (so you should already own these!)!
I just can't get over this look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Last but definitely NOT least, :P, I have this ADORBS Hello Kitty look! The bow is 3D ANNNNNDDDD PINK!!!! Can you believe it? Sorry. :) Anyways, this is from Easy Nail Ideas. The look is so simple, yet so modern! I feel this Kawaii/SanRio look is something everyone will love and enjoy, and it sure is pretty! The girl did a great job. Plus, like she says on her website, this look is good for short nails as well. You will again need a steady hand for this look, so work on it hard! Buy the bow at stores like Sally's Beauty Supply. You will need yellow and black.


________________________________________________________________
THANKS for reading this! Plus One it on Google, and I'll be your new best friend! XD! Have a cute nail look you want me to see? Email me! theredcarpetlife14@gmail.com I'm always available, so if you want to talk, jot me a note and I'll reply within a few hours, as I'm an Internet junkie!

No comments: