26.3.15

Don't Be Daunted




I've always been a person with big hopes and dreams. I've always been someone who likes to
go the extra mile in all the aspects of my life. This quality has lead me to become who I refer to as a "hoper", or someone who has big hopes for the future.

Now, this quality can be great to have! It means you have high standards and want to achieve them; that you want to be the very best you can possibly be. It means you want to shoot for the stars and feel accomplished in the future. I've always loved this quality that I have! I feel so fortunate to have it.
I'm sure a lot of us have experienced this feeling before- the feeling of knowing and wanting, but the feeling of confusion to the side. What do I do now? This has always been my question. There are so many different things and ways in life to accomplish the very same goal- so, where do you start? There are so many options, so many ideas, and so many opportunities out there.
For a girl like me, it can be daunting to figure out what needs to be done and how to go about doing it. I find myself having my heart set on an idea, but having no idea in what direction to head or where to begin. However, once I'm on a roll, there's no stopping me.
I, as an individual, have an incredible work ethic.
Over the years, I've experienced both good and bad- I've been put through exhilarating moments sometimes and stressful times at others. I feel it is our experience that can tell us what to do- not the internet in this age of digital accessibility, but our own inmost thoughts. As cliché as it may sound, follow your heart.
On the beautiful and sometimes topographic landscape of life that provides both peaceful streams and gurgling waters, it is important to do what feels right. Do not get caught up in the moment of making a decision; instead, carefully do whatever you know is best for you.
Sometimes, it is only human nature to feel overwhelmed- not with one specific thing or event, but overall with everything going on in our busy-bee lifestyles. We are constantly doing, feeling, seeing, and knowing. We are filled to the brim with knowledge and information, and of memories both good and bad. We are burdened with moments of pain and sacrifice and loss and devastation. We are emotionally and mentally drained by the world around us- trying to fit in, trying to be stable, and trying to live up to our expectations.
My life motto is, don't be daunted.
Do not be daunted by the people, places, and things around you. Surround yourself with the things and people that  bring you joy. Do not be afraid to try new things, and do not be afraid to be yourself. Life is testing you to see if you can hold strong and think rational when times are tough. Life wants you to be able to overcome the obstacles within, and embrace yourself for who you truly are.
In life, when confused, do not be daunted. Do not be ashamed or discouraged. It can be a relief to think. Allot a half hour one day to think about what is stressing you out- perhaps you can write in a journal in this time, or play soothing music and lay back to reflect. These things can all help make us not so overwhelmed, and hold the ability to make us realize we need to do what we see fit. We must not listen to the opinions of others- we must get out and do. When you are overwhelmed with all the paths you can take in life, remember: don't be daunted. One step at a time is all it takes. One step taken is one life touched. One life touched is one journey completed. The journey, the one we all take only once, is life. Embrace your life for what it is. Consider what you have and what benefits being you provides. Be proud of your past and look to the future with hope. In times of trouble or fear, or even happiness and smiles, don't be daunted. Instead, look ahead with bright eyes.


Dear Reader,


I truly hope you found comfort in my words. I, too, sometimes feel overwhelmed or stressed with all the opportunities I have. I, too, have a personal life in which I face all the obstacles you do. I realize how precious our lives are, so I do not dwell on what could have been or what should be. I only think of the present, the now, the place and position where my life is currently happening. It is critical to not imagine but to rationalize; to take things lightly and continue to be the amazing person you are. With these words I have given to you, I hope you will soar. Your destiny awaits you.
~ Sanjana
Disclaimer:  I do not claim any images. Click on the image for its rightful owner or creator.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts!